Thursday, February 15, 2007

On Premarin and Now My Face is Breaking Out... Help Me

This is just pathetic... I don't want to be a whiny baby but I am getting desperate. I have NEVER had a pimple problem. I have never used soap on my face, I use cold cream or Nozema. Then I put on a moisturizer, that's it and it has worked very well for me. At 47, I have few lines or wrinkles and my skin is or WAS nice and clear. I hate to brag but it has never even been blotchy which is a good thing because I really dislike foundation makeup.

But... that has all changed. I started on Premarin 2 months ago and for the past 3 weeks or so I have had red blotchy, welt, itchy, nasty hivey looking things on the upper parts of my cheeks and neck. It is very dry and no matter what I put on it or clean my face with, it will not go away. I have talked to my doctor... no help, the pharmacist.... bought several kinds of moisturizers. I have done everything except make my own and I now have the goods to do just that. I make my own body butter and lotion so now I am going to mix up my own facial moisturizer.

My question is, has anyone else on HRT experienced this and if so, what did you do about it?

I am about ready to go back to the severe hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings to get rid of this mask on my face. PLEASE let me hear from you if you know the answer.

I will be waiting.

No comments: