Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Debit Card Was Hacked at Home Goods aka TJX Corporation

I am so angry I could spit bullets.

I shopped at Home Goods during Dec. 2006. On Jan. 16, 2007, I received a letter from my bank that my debit card was one of the ones which had been "compromised" due to a database hack. My debit card would be canceled and a new one issued.

So today... still no new debit card, I call this TJX Corporation. The operator hangs up on me when I tell her why I am calling. Oh... good customer relations. I call back and ask for customer service, I hold for 23 minutes and I am told that they are not making any type of reparations for those whose information was hacked.

This company owns the following stores. I advise staying away from them.
  • Marshalls
  • TJ Maxx
  • Homegoods
  • Bob's Stores
  • A.J. Wright
  • Homesense
  • Winners

I also read their "Corporate Responsibility" statement, which I have quoted below;

"TJX is committed to fostering integrity, openness and honesty in conducting all aspects of our business. At TJX, acting with integrity means managing our business for consistent, steady growth, while maintaining financial strength and achieving excellent returns for our shareholders. It also means keeping our contract with our customers, placing integrity at the center of our corporate culture, maintaining trust with our vendors and other business partners and doing the right thing by supporting our communities. "

Yeah, right. They are responsible only to themselves and screw the customer. I love these false mission statements and when you try to hold them to it they back themselves into a corner and go into the fetal position.

I guess my $200 was nothing to them and you can bet your ass I will not spend another penny in their corporate irresponsible establishments. Give me a $50 gift certificate and keep me as a customer. Blow me off and I will tell the world what dicks you really are.

In this day and age safety of the information of others should be the first concern. Apparently, that is not the case with the TJX Corporation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.