Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WAY TO GO AMERICA

For the first time since Sept. 11, I feel safe.

It was just announced that Donald Rumsfeld is "cutting and running." As I type this "the idiot puppet" is speaking on the radio. He is "going to protect me", he has run my family into the poor house, he has seen to it that many young American's have been murdered in the name of war.

The "idiot puppet" is making a good choice in picking a Aggie to serve in Rummy's place. Listening to him speak on the radio he is pissed off, you can hear it in his tone of voice, he is mad. In essence the American People are idiots and don't know what we want or what we are doing. I felt that way when he was elected, no I did not vote for him either time. I am a Native Texan and lived under his rule once, I knew better.

On a different note:

Missouri passed the Constitutional amendment allowing Stem Cell Research - http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/15954317.htm
Lives can be saved with stem cells and hopefully with more research.... more lives can be saved. There are a myriad of illnesses that benefit from stem cell therapy/ My ex-husband passed away 3 years ago at the age of 46 from ALS, this is one illness that can benefit from stem cell therapy and who knows, with further research possibly cured.

Everyone hollers about cloning, in the name of God of course. What are you doing when you fertilize a baby in a Petri dish? Or use other artificial means of impregnating oneself? Aren't you cloning yourself since God obviously does not want you to reproduce in a natural way? And all of those extra eggs that are tossed in the trash, couldn't they atleast be recycled for use in stem cell research? You aren't going to use them. Is that considered abortion when you toss the extra fertilized eggs? I know a "good Christian" lady who went through the artificial impregnation ordeal and found that she was going to have 5 children, she and her husband then "deleted" (she really used that word) 3 of them. She was very much "pro-life" but this didn't count. I guess it fell into that Bible small print or selective Bible reading section that the religious right is so fond of.

Before you get your panties in a bunch and write weird comments, the above a very simplified and stupid way to state the issue. But I just don't understand why a group of people who are supposed to be filled with love and concern for mankind would raise such a fuss about something, stem cell research, that could prolong the life of another human being. I am not thrilled about cloning and those that are going to use it in a Hitler like manner are already doing so, therefore this is not much of a concern.

Kansas elected Paul Morrison as Attorney General and ousted Phil Kline. On this I have mixed emotions. I did not like Phil Kline but I am currently not sure that Morrison can do the job either. Ego seems to be an issue with him and a big one at that. At one time I felt that he was a fair and just man but my opinion on that has changed a great deal in the past months. I also have some concerns over who will replace him as the Johnson County District Attorney.... rumor has it that it could be Kline.

It is not a perfect world and politics is one of the most imperfect. You get someone in office that has less than a sincere ability to work for the people and you are in deep dodo. But I think that all in all, we needed a change and America spoke up and made that change. Way to go!!!

No comments: