Monday, November 06, 2006

The Slippery Slope of Sloppiness

I posted the below on the crazy hip blog mamas blog. They had a question asking when you thought you were dressed nicely and later found that you had totally blown it.

This is what I wrote:

I used to dress to go to the bathroom, I had to look GGGOOOOOOODDDD no matter what. But oh how times have changed.

I work from home, I have a teenager that drives and the only "people" that see me during the day are my two dogs. He That Rocks My World doesn't get home until 5:00pm, so at 4:30 I slap on something that matches, spritz with lavender spray and a dab of lipstick.

I didn't realize how frumpy I had become (I'm 46) until I had to run some errands one morning, I don't do mornings. And while walking by a very large reflective window I caught a glimpse of myself. HORRORS, I had on my warm, wooly footies, mismatched, grey sweats with a hole in the crotch that was visible and had paint all over them. And a lime green sweatshirt with 3 big stains of some sort down the front. I still had on my grey felt houseshoes. It's not over yet, I have naturally curly hair that I am growing out to go with my 50 lbs weight loss... and I looked like Napoleon Dynomite crossed with Don King.

I am not easily embarrassed but this sent me running back to my car, I had that AHA moment where I realized I had gone down the slippery slope of sloppiness/motherhood/work at homeitis.

I came home and tossed everything with stains, holes, (not my favorite jeans) seasonal sweatshirts with cute faces, mismatched fuzzy warm footsies and socks. Now I am basically without clothes..... I refuse to purchase new clothes until I am down another 10 lbs, size 16. Pre-menopause and chocolate cravings aren't helping much.

Whew... that was close.

You can see more comments on this post here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! You've won the IGIGI clothing contest won by Crazy Hip Blog Mamas! Please contact me at crazyhipmama@gmail.com so I can get you the info you need to get your gift certificate sent to you! Thanks!