Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Get So Tired of Hateful, Mean Spirited, Angry People

What has happened in the world, let me narrow that down to just America, to make so many people angry and rude all the time? It has gotten to where I detest leaving the confines of my home and property because everywhere I go people are just down right nasty.

I am not always the friendliest cookie in the box but I do try really hard to be kind, courteous and have a smile on my face when I go out in public. I look people in the eyes when I speak to them, I hold doors for others, I step back from the elevator to let those inside get out. I park my car in a civil manner, I return the grocery cart to the cart corral, if I dial the wrong phone number I apologize. These are common courtesies, this is how I was raised.

I know that the U.S. is in a mess and I feel like I am doing my part by contacting my elected officials. All of whom will not get another vote from me but it can't just be about the current state of the country.




  • Do people watch too much reality TV? It is all mean, ugly and nasty. That is what makes it appealing to the masses.
  • Do people watch too much Fox and Friends? Everybody talking over each other, yelling and blathering this could make one angry.
  • Have people lost all self respect?
  • Do they not have a hobby to distract them from the day to day grind?
  • Do they not get enough sleep?
  • Are they not getting laid enough?
Here is an example; In January I purchased a new mattress for my bed. Here I am 10 months later with a lumpy, hard, very uncomfortable mass on my bed frame. I took my receipt in to the store (I have a 1 year replacement warranty and a 10 year pro-rated warranty) and told the owner what had happened. He asked me to leave the store. ???!!!

I am never at a loss for words but his reaction through me for a loop. I asked if he could please give me the name and phone number for the manufacturer so that I could contact them. I asked nicely but at the same time I was seeing those little flashes of light behind my eyes which means you are having a stroke or you have just pegged out the anger monitor. In my case it was the later but I still maintained my composure.

I did exit his store and while standing outside by my car I called the local DA to see if I had any consumer rights and if so what they were. Armed with this information I called the manufacturer. Needless to say, my new mattress is on its way to me.

Read some of the crap on social media and you can feel the anger coming through the screen. Drive down any street or highway and the anger is visible in the way folks drive. Pick-up any newspaper and the rage is on almost every page.

If you see yourself in this post do something about it. You are in control of your deeds and words every day. Your plight is no worse than the next persons. Grow-up, do the right thing and do it with a smile on your face.

No comments: