Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Is It Just Me?

Today has just been one of those days where everything has pissed me off.

Here is the list:

  • For 3 months I have had my parent's permission to have an event at their house on the 21st of next month. All planning, purchasing, invitations, etc. have evolved around this event at their home where they have a swimming pool, pool table, dart board and several hundred more square footage than I have in our home. WELL, today mother informs me that I cannot have the even there because my father will be out of town. WTF!! I have cleaned and opened the pool, cleaned the backyard and patio and made as many preparations over there as I can do this far in advance. Okay, this is my mother on alcohol a nightly activity so before I get my panties too much in a bunch I am going to call my father and talk to him. Hell, I am 48 yrs. old, I am not asking her to do anything, she can stay in her room all night. It is a group of adults having a reunion most of us haven't seen each other in over 30 yrs.
  • Since the reunion is now probably going to be at my house, I have a dining room filled to the gills in boxes of stuff I have purchased for the antique shop that I have not inventoried but now they have to go someplace. Ordinarily they would move to the garage BUT my garage is filled with my deadbeat brother-in-laws "life" since he (at the age of 42) has no home, no job and no car. I kicked him out of my house 3 or 4 months ago and he promised he would get his crap within a week. Well that week has come and gone and then my husband kept saying "I will take it to the attic." Yet, there it sits. I just told my husband that tomorrow I am going to find out where his brother is and give him 48 hrs to get his stuff or to the curb it goes, husband has a hissy fit and tosses out "I'll take it to the attic." He doesn't realize how much crap is out there and how many times he has said he would take it to the attic.
  • 7:00 a.m. I awake to the most horrid noise I have ever heard. The people across the street are having a rock retaining wall put in and the worker's were scraping rock across a concrete driveway. It was worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. So that started my day.
  • My allergies are driving me up the walls, my head hurts so bad I can't think and my medicine is not working. It is probably compounded by all of the dirt and granite dust coming from across the street. And YES I have my windows open, the weather is wonderful and it is too early to turn on the air conditioner.

So... what will I do. 1) Tomorrow I will call my father 2) Find out where my brother-in-law is and give him a chance to get his stuff or it goes to the curb 3) Ignore my husband and his constant procrastination 4)Pray that my mother one day quits drinking 5) Attack the rock wall builders if they start their work before 9:00a.m. 6) Double up on my allergy medicine 7) Try to quit stressing over all of this because I am sure that one way or another it will all work out okay.

No comments: