Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Love Rock and Roll but not the Sprint Center in KC,MO

Tonight I went to the first concert I have been to in ages, my daughter and I went to see Chris Daughtry and Bon Jovi at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri.

I LOVE Daughtry.... I have never watched American Idol but when I first heard this guys music I was hooked. Of course Bon Jovi isn't too bad but I went to see Daughtry. As with any opening act his session was way to short, 30 minutes and I saw him sing 1 song with Bon Jovi.

We ended up leaving with an hour still left to the concert mainly because it was hotter than hell in the Sprint Center. I was absolutely melting. Also, I have not stayed up to date on Bon Jovi songs and, since he is promoting his latest album, all of the songs were from that album... or at least the ones I stayed to hear. To tell you the truth, I was less than impressed. In the first hour they played only one of the old standards and they had Daughtry singing with them which really made it amazing.

Of course he is great to look at and Richie Sambora is no slouch either but after the energy of seeing Daughtry, Bon Jovi and the guys just didn't measure up. They seem to have gone a little soft and a tad country.

I was so disappointed in the Sprint Center. The sucker cost mucho millions to build and the the layout and system of getting people in and out is horrible. It is actually dangerous. This building was not built to handle as many people as they had in it with only 4 small stairways to get all those folks in and out.... I can't wait for the lawsuit when someone rolls down the stairs and gets trampled.

Oh well, Daughtry will put out many more amazing albums and by next summer he will be at Sandstone, a much better concert venue as far as I am concerned.

If you have not heard this man's music you must give it a listen. He runs the gamut from ballads to hard hitting rock and roll. I wish him and his band all the best in the future and I can't wait to see him as the headliner next time.

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

Just checking out blogs in the "Blog Kansas" list to see what other Kansans are up to. I've never made it to a concert in KC. Actually it's been years since I went to a real concert. Maybe I can get my grandkids to take me to one in the future. I'll make sure it's not at the Sprint Center, though. ; )