Friday, December 29, 2006

My Stop Smoking Progress

Well, I have to be honest, I am not doing so great on this venture. On my target date I ended up getting a cold/flu/bronchitis and was in bed for a week. Even though I could not smoke because I was coughing up a lung anyway, the urge was still there. The nicotine gum tasted like shit and the patch was making me feel worse than I already did. So I decided to push my start date back to when I am well again and start over.

I am not smoking as much as I did but I think it is because I feel so wretched. But cutting down is a good thing. I am not beating myself up over this either. Guilt gets you nowhere, I have not failed I have just hit a bump in the road.

The past two days I have started to feel a bit better, at least I have been able to get up and move around some without feeling like I am going to end up in a heap on the floor. I have also been able to socialize with my family. I sequestered myself to the extra bedroom so as not to share my germs with the whole house, my only company was the dogs and the occasional someone poking their head in the door to make sure I was still alive.

Hopefully by next week my taste buds will be functioning again, the snot will have gone away and this severe cough will have diminished. Then I will give it another go.

Boy am I glad I got my flu shot this year.

Stay healthy.

No comments: