Sunday, May 28, 2006

Why Can't I Be Tolerant & Patient?!?!?!?

I must have been absent the day the Supreme Being gave out the tolerant gene. I do fine with children and teens.... they don't know better. It is my job as an adult to be patient, tolerant, loving and kind to those under the age of 20. But when it comes to adults, forget about it, my level of tolerance is zero.

I think that I am a good person, I volunteer in my community. Not just a hour here and another there. I'm talking 20+ hours a week for over 15 years. I have raised good kids, one of which is one of those see the beauty in everyone people. I have a good marriage, love my pets and family. Take pride in my home, I vote and I think I contribute to society. But people get on my last nerve.

We went out to dinner the other night and I was facing a table with 3 adults. They chewed with food falling out of their mouths, they did not know how to hold their fork and knife to cut their food, elbows on the table, gesturing with the knife in their hands. They were well dressed and looked like they should have table manners but they were pigs. It was bad. These folks will never attend a formal dinner I can tell you that much.

When we attended my granddaughter's pre-kindergarten graduation the adults were making so much noise that you could not hear what the kids or teacher were saying through the microphone. I did ask those around us to shut the f**** up so that I could hear but the point is, they should have known better.

I have real issues with cell phone use in my space too. Movies, restaurants, Post Office. I was in K-Mart and heard an attorney talking to a client on his cell phone. This was not a conversation that needed to be held in a public place and he was talking as loud as if he were in his office with no one around.

This is a problem I have been working on for sometime but can't seem to make any progress on. People are getting ruder when in public which makes conquering this demon really tough.

I'm not don't hold back either, I approach people if their behaviour is really offensive and rude.

I will continue to work on this, I guess the first step is recognizing your problem... which I have done. I will continue to think positive, good thoughts and maybe one of these days I will be a new me.

No comments: