Friday, February 08, 2008

I Am Tired of Dusting My House

I just dusted my house two days ago and you cannot tell any difference looking at it today. What's up with that?!?!?!

I know all the grossness about what dust really is but if we are really shedding this much dead skin, mites and other parasitic crap why don't we lose a couple of pounds after a shower? We also have 2 dogs that add to our dust and dander problem

I made an attempt to get people to take their shoes off before they came in the house. I bought a nice little shoe rack to sit by the door and I was the only one that followed the no shoe rule. Mainly because I work from home and have socks on or just my bare feet all day. When I would go outside or run an errand I would take my shoes off and put them on the cute little shoe rack. The kids did it a couple of days, hubby not at all and a few friends tried to accomodate my weirdness but this was a short lived project and it didn't even last long enough for me to see if it would make a difference.

What if I put up a little enclosed shower like area near the front door and asked people to loofah before they came in? Just strip down to undies, do a quick once over with the loofah, redress and come on in. I could put a portable heater out when it is really cold and snowy. Do you think that this idea would work?

We had all of the vents sucked out and cleaned a couple of years ago. I didn't get to see how much gunk they sucked out but they did find some old soda pop cans, lots of bits of paper and assorted items that should not be in ones air ducts.

Dusting my house has, for the past 10 years or so, seemed liked one of those wasted efforts. It looks good for 30 minutes and then BAM the dust demon runs through and there is a thin layer of dust on everything. I know that this is one of the woes of living in an older home but there has to be a solution.

I am also quickly adopting the same attitude towards my hardwood floors, what is the use of sweeping and mopping when you have slush, snow and 2 dogs running in and out.

I wonder how long it would take to build-up and inch of dust on a surface in my home...... this is something that needs to be taken under consideration. At least it would get me out of dusting for awhile.


No comments: