Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Family Reunion Part II



The family reunion was good. We are picking ticks off of ourselves but that is okay. It was way out in the country.... and I do mean out in the country. I loved it for that in itself. It was so quite and full of fun places to explore with my grandaughter and puppy.

The house is an early 1900's farmhouse, nothing fancy but fabulous. The kids couldn't get over the fact that both bathrooms were upstairs. Actually my hubby mentioned this a few times too and it is his side of the family. His uncle passed away a couple of years ago and his aunt is getting ready to put the house on the market to sell and she wanted to have one last family get-together before she moves.

Oh how I wish I could get my brood to move out in the boonies. I have fantasized about this since we got home. I have placed my garden, painted the rooms, arranged my antique furniture and even looked into how many chickens and goats I can put on 4 1/2 acres of land. It would be so nice and comforting to be away from the noise of the speedway that runs beside my house day and night. I would be so happy out there.

Aunt N. said that her neighbor is a real pain in the ass. So I would put up a privacy fence on that side of the yard to block her view of my nirvana. Or atleast plant some fast growing shrubs along the shared fence line. But after the hell I am living in now in the suburbs a nasty neighbor would be a piece of cake.... actually I can be pretty nasty when pushed. I have out nastied quite a few folks when it came right down to it.

This is just my little pipe dream for now. Maybe in a few years when retirement gets here I can go to the country for some peace and quite. Reality sucks sometimes.

No comments: